Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Chad Schapiro: Keep On Keeping On

We all want to improve our results in many different areas from where we are currently. Be gentle with yourself. It has taken you your whole life to become the person you are today. If you are like everyone else, you are not perfect. You have lots of room to grow and improve. There are many changes that you can and will make in your character and personality in the course of becoming the excellent human being that you aspire to. But change in your personality will not come easily, and it won't come overnight. You must be patient. If you are not patient then you are going to get frustrated and it won't be as enjoyable a process.

Make a decision to stick with it no matter what. Once that commitment is firmly in place there will be less second guessing yourself and taking the easy way out by looking for the back door. The reason that people grow and become better and better over the course of time, is because they persist gently in the direction of their goals and dreams. They don't expect overnight transformations. When they don't see results immediately, they don't get discouraged. They just keep on keeping on. And you must do the same.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! its almost like we have a peace inside our heart when we accept this. I will do my diligence to apply and lead this in my life and business. Thank you sir. MarkMDC

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Good reminder for all the years it took to get where I am today to realize I won't grow to more overnight. Sometimes I do get impatient with myself..I will work at that acceptance of allowing the time!!

michael said...

Yes!Sir,I couldn't agree with you more.I am grateful that my path has crossed one that is as true as yours,sir.Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Very true sayings!

Anonymous said...

Jim said..."Thank you for the good reminder. I really need to hear this right now."