Friday, November 17, 2006

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there." -- Charles F. Kettering

One of the biggest hindrances to people's achievement of success is that they spend too much time on two areas they shouldn't be in: The Past and the Present. We need not spend much time in the past because the past is, well, the past, right? There is nothing you can do about it but learn from it, and you learn for your future. The Present? Yes, we should spend our time on the present only in that we do so to further our future. Even our time and energy spent for the present is to create for ourselves the future. Yes, we should enjoy the present, but build for the future. This is where successful people live. This is where your dreams are! This is the field of accomplishment. This is the arena of satisfaction. Focus there. Learn from your past, enjoy your present, but put your interest in the future!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is Sound teaching. I appreciate the vision of this message. I can learn much from this message for my focus. Thank you so very much. MarkMDC

Anonymous said...

Thank you..that was incredible..I will be working on that very hard!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome quote, awesome blog, thank you and C.K. too.