Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chad Schapiro: Develop The Ambition

Where does true ambition come from? There is really only one place and that place is within your heart. In every thought, movement, and your every motivation you will find your ambition blooming as an expression of who you truly are, your self-expression.

Isn't self-expression really self-direction? How you do things, how you move, how you motivate yourself. Ambition is a result of self-direction, and self-direction is a key principle necessary for building ambition. Positive self-direction says, "I know who I am and where I want to go. I am in charge of gathering the information necessary, the feelings needed, knowledge, and experiences to prepare me for the opportunities ahead." If you know where you are going you will have already started learning in that direction. Working on your attitude, confidence, discipline, work ethic, time management skills and all that it would take to make your goals a reality. And you constantly see yourself in the place you want to be, going in the direction you want to go.

Your direction will determine your destination. Driving in a certain direction will determine your destination just as you have control over your daily disciplines. So you must ask yourself, "Are all of my disciplines that I currently have taking me in the direction I would like to go?" Am I positive enough? Am I a visionary? Am I giving love and energy to others? Do I work hard enough to create the momentum I need? Do I spend enough time that my goals ask for? Do I invest enough money that I need to? Do I grow out of my different comfort zones that have me stuck at the level I am now? What a good question to ask yourself at the beginning of every month, week, day, and moment. Most people unfortunately kid themselves. They don't have the disciplines yet that it would take to accomplish the goals they have on paper but they defend their actions and try not to change things going forward. You can kid your neighbor, your parents, your expert, even me, but don't kid yourself. Fingers crossed hoping that somehow you will get lucky and become successful. Don't do that. Make sure you are developing into the disciplines you will need to take you in the direction you want to go. Others have done it and so can you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! awesome lesson.

Anonymous said...

I believe we cannot kid you, nor our expert, not anybody. We don't fool anybody. When we try to pretend we do, we look as silly as trying to hide behind our finger. We are all so visible. We are all transparent. We cannot acknowledge our Direction when we perceive it as coming from the outside, and our spirit of indpendance does not allow us to follow direction from the outside. So we are blind. Blind to our Direction, disconnected, because we are so stubbornly affirming that independance. Expression is the manifestation of our true self, the spirit coming forth and making itself visible to the world. That is how the deepest part of us shows itself to the world, and brings with it that unique gift that is our individuality. Our gift to the whole. When we have cut ourselves off to that deepest part of us, then the expression is not. For the expression of IT cannot be since we are cut off from IT. How to help? Realising that I can be free, and open at the same time. That I can be free and not isolated. That I can be independant and obedient at the same time. That obedience is not, but the ultimate expression of being in unison with our soul, the deepest part of our being. Thank you for your guidance and direction, while I fine tune my ambition.

Anonymous said...

I love that self Direction is self Expression. So Valuable. Thank you very much. MarkMDC

Anonymous said...

Jim said..."Thank you for this insight. I've never quite understood ambition so well before."

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much sir! I can see where my self motivation is self expression.I see how we duplicate what we learn,that is why it is so important for us to attend all the trainings & advance trainings! So we can express our discipline to show the change we are making in our future!I thank you so much for this opportunity you have given to us and for all of your guidance you give us!

Anonymous said...

Positive Self Direction....somethings that needs to be worked on each day,,,maybe more than once a day......thank you for your guidance Mr Schapiro!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to turn around and swim uphill when your caught up in a flood bad dicisions,bad habits, less then desirable attitudes and wrong health decisions over a lifetime. THanks for the heads-up and will put a lot of effort in this area. Thank you