Monday, February 19, 2007

Chad Schapiro: RESOLVE

Trying is failing with honor. Either do it or don't do it.

It is not enough just to have affirmations in our lives. We need for them to become affirmitive realizations through right action. What are you doing now in order to make your desired goal come true.

You may feel attacked on your way up. Mediocrity always attacks excellence. Celebrate others good as if it was your own good. That celebration helps attract more into your lives. It becomes a gift for you in your life.

Resolve says, "I will."

The mountain climber says, "I will climb the mountain. They've told me it's too high, it's too far, it's too steep, it's too rocky, it's too difficult. But it's my mountain. I will climb it. You'll soon see me waving from the top or you'll never see me, because unless I reach the peak, I'm not coming back." Who can argue with such resolve?When confronted with such iron-will determination, I can see Time, Fate and Circumstance calling a quick conference and deciding, "We might as well let him have his dream. He's said he's going to get there or die trying."

The best definition for "resolve" I've ever heard came from a schoolgirl in Foster City, California. I asked, "Who can tell me what "resolve" means?" Several hands went up, and I did get some pretty good definitions. But the last was the best. A shy girl from the back of the room got up and said with quiet intensity, "I think resolve means promising yourself you will never give up." That's it! That's the best definition I've ever heard: PROMISE YOURSELF YOU'LL NEVER GIVE UP.

Think about it! How long should a baby try to learn how to walk? How long would you give the average baby before you say, "That's it, you've had your chance"? You say that's crazy? Of course it is. Any mother would say, "My baby is going to keep trying until he learns how to walk!" No wonder everyone walks.There is a vital lesson in this. Ask yourself, "How long am I going to work to make my dreams come true?" I suggest you answer, "As long as it takes."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim said..."Yes indeed. I am resolved & for as long as it takes!
Thank you again, Sir."

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Love the lesson of Resolve.

Anonymous said...

We will not climb a mountain that is not "ours". We will not do something we have not "resolved" to do. We will not climb someone else's mountains. No matter what we say, no matter how well we fake it, we will find a way out. Even if the way out is the way out.

Anonymous said...

Good lesson!! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Powerful thoughts in there!

Anonymous said...

Aspiring, Thank you everyone.