Friday, March 23, 2007

Chad Schapiro: Bust Through The Comfort Zone

I have found that success in life is very similar to building muscle in the gym. If you are doing what you are comfortable with or can do easily you never will grow. You will never expand to reach your full potential. Growth only occurs in life when you are pushing yourself to something new. This could mean learning a foreign language, learning to play an instrument, conquering your fears or pursuing your life long dream of building a business, writing a play, authoring a book or talking to people that you normally would shy away from.

In order to reach higher levels of growth in our business we cannot expect to keep doing what we are already doing. Growth in life is going to come when you are pushing yourself to lift the weights of life that you can only lift with a spotter. This means that you should not be afraid to team up with others and rely on them in your effort to grow. If you are going to build muscle in the gym you are going to need to do two things: #1 Lift more weight; #2 Have a Spotter.

The answers for success in life are very similar. Sometimes a spotter in life could be your expert you work with. There is absolutely no doubt that they will push you to lift more weight and be there to spot you when you feel that you can't get the weight off your chest. They can see what is easy not to see about ourselves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Great Understanding. Thank you. MarkMDC

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your invaluable help and support and coaching and mentoring. And I committ to being a sincerely better student each minute. Thank you.

Debra Love said...

Yeah I can identify with the needs of a spotter in weight lifting. When I was going through wellness class I got a little too cocky and consequently ended up with a barbell resting on me until I was rescued by someone who happened by.

I'm more used to the idea of a spotter in gymnastics. See I could imagine my spotter standing beside the trampoline as I got on. Then when I was just easily jumping getting used to it I'd hear the spotter yelling "come on let's see this you can do it."

So then I'd up the ante and jump higher and add a few knee drops and off on the side I hear "OK I've heard all about this and your just putting it off so what's up?You know you can do it."

The comments continue until I do the Perfect Triple Back Flip that's been in my head all along.

Anonymous said...

I love the very last sentenace..."A spotter can see what is not easy to see about ourselves" I hope I have quoted this correctly.....this is so very true,and, why, I am every so grateful for Ms. Marita.