Friday, March 02, 2007

Chad Schapiro: Get After It!!

I once saw a demonstration at a conference where the presenter held up a a ten dollar bill and said he was selling it for one dollar for the next 10 seconds. The whole audience just stared at him for the first 8 seconds, until one person caught on and ran up and bought a $10 bill for only $1. Next, he held up a $20 and again, sold it for a $1 for the next 10 seconds. It still took almost the full 10 seconds before someone took the initiative to get out of their seat and take the free money. The rest of the audience just sat there. For some reason, most people are OK being the ones who sit around and watch everyone else actually do things. Who are you going to be today? The masses that sit in their seats, or the guy who simply walks up and takes whats waiting for you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WILL TAKE IT < I WANT to TAKE IT>. Wow Great Point. Thank you for that it really proves a point. MarkMDC

Anonymous said...

I am the one who walks up and takes what is waiting for me! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I am after it! Thank you!!