Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Chad Schapiro: Ambition Over Money

When looking for people, don't always look for the ones with money, money doesn't matter. What matters is somebody's willingness, somebody's ingenuity, somebody's willingness to try. If they have a 0 to invest that's plenty for me. All we need is some ambition and I can show you how to get rich and it will be one of the classic stories of the company. When recruiting somebody and they would say, "I don't have any money", I'd say "I've been looking for you for six months! Let me show you how to do it without any money." Doesn't that person have a bigger reason to sign up everyone imaginable than someone sitting on top of a pile of money?

The key is to look for that ambition and desire. If you don't see it in that person work like crazy to find those that do have it. We are going to change the world one heart at a time. Go find the willing hearts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to find 10 WILLING HEARTS LETS GET IT ON!!!!! Thank you for a great Point!. MarkMDC

Anonymous said...

Yes! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so true. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

sld

When reading this I thought about myself. Money was a big issue. However, now I am pursuing my dream. It is making me self-sufficient, my own boss, and providing me the opportunity to see my son grow up. This opportunity is so worth it!!

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder to find the willing heart and listen closer for that than other things!! Thank you for the reminder!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!--"find the willing heart" thank you so much!