Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Results Oriented Activity

Everything you do should be measurable so you can see how you are doing.

When I first started in home business I knew that in 5 years time of being devoted to the company I wanted to be the top personal volume producer, create a residual income, and be at a financial point that was higher than anything I had made before. In order to do it things were tracked very carefully. How many people I invited each day to take a look at the company, how many people showed up, how many signed up, what my volume was each week, month, and what my income was because of that. I would increase higher and higher my effort level to be able to create better results that would help me earn more income. I needed to track things carefully so I could duplicate that to my team.

Many people dream of big income within their first 90 days even if they had never made more than 3k in a month. I look for a 5 year commitment so we can truly change their lives for real not just a dream. Let's work on the first $500 then we can work our way up. It can come fast but lets start at the beginning.

Many people fail at goal setting because they don't set measurable goals. People have these big hopes and dreams but they still have the target bill due. Lets take care of the basics and then build greater. $500 in income in our marketing plan would be under 1700 bv's direct. Once we do that to make 1k would simple be to double that to 3400 bv's.

When you pick up the phone what is your goal. Focus on the result you intend. Many people know they need to act each day on these measurable activities and they fall off the plan. If you fall off, did you really want what you said you want? Many people have a reason to do the business and then use that reason to not do the business. Those are excuses. Commitment is doing what you said you were going to do long after the feeling that you said it in has left you. "If we are going to work together but you aren't willing to do anything I'm going to have to work with someone else, although I really want to help you." If they suffer from phone reluctance no big deal walk them through more calls with you.

Accountability is important. Find the key people that are looking for the help and need the accountability. When we are on the same page the conversations are easy. That takes time to get the ambition and belief that they are ready for accountability.

You will never give 100% effort to something that you don't know you can do. So take it bit by bit. Handle what you know you can handle. Many times the best people will hit a point of their threshold where they can't handle a job any longer, or being broke, or whatever is not to their liking. Once they reach that level they are ready for that change. Find someone who wants it, don't worry about having to convince people.

You will go up and down a lot especially if you are not really focusing on your own personal development. Make sure to load yourself up with the videos, live online trainings, articles in this blog, things that will help you forge ahead and realize that the discomfort is a valuable piece to the process of going forward.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again..and yes there are some out there that want it!! I am finding them!!

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! Man I need to get everyone to read these pages you put for us. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder! For me, this is the renewal letter. I do need to remind myself and my team that tracking could be the best way to keep our motivation up as well as keeping track of where we are. Thank you so much for sharing these important gems...

Judy

Anonymous said...

Yes. I'm making this happen!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing us the search bar. This is sooo full of pearls. So great to re-read!