Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dealing with challenges

Creating new experiences so we can go through the challenges along the way to the next level. We have to embrace the challenges, they all provide lessons that will help us. We often think we have to be positive all the time but there will be balance in our emotions as we go through experiences. Don't get down on yourself if you are not positive all the time because that is an illusion that cannot be attained. It will make you feel that is the reason you haven't hit the next level because of your negativity. If you can look what makes you negative and learn from it you'll create an experience that helps in the future. Be balanced right in that tough moment and it will take away the pain. For instance...When I was first trying to call leads a guy asked me if this was some kind of pyramid deal? A rush of fear and failure filled my mind and heart. After I hung up the phone on him, not angrily but just because I did not know what to say. I looked at myself and realized that ? Posed to me wasn't that bad, the outcome had no bearing on my success in the future. I thought about how I could learn more and get more confident, how that was one "no" on the way to my "yes's". This thought process helped create a new experience for when it would happen again as it often did. We can live with and through our challenges without feeling like we have to be positive and go around them. The experience taught had nothing to do with that cranky man but allowed me to be comfortable in that some won't do the business and I will still be successful. Some will be negative and it doesn't have to ruin my day. There were so many great lessons that experience helped me with and it's still helping the people I love here today as I share this with you.

There is a difference between our mind and our brain. Point to your mind. You are actually pointing to your brain. The mind experiences and the brain records the experiences. How many thousands of experiences and recordings from those experiences do we have? Our brain can unconsciously connect to past recordings of bad situations that did not work for us to today situations. You're not allowing yourself to create new experiences, to be balanced and adding to the recordings that don't work in the first place. Let's say you don't like the rejection of recruiting. In the past the rejection you had when you were little creates negative feelings. Now that experience of being rejected today connects to the rejection pattern of the past and ruins your day today. The truth is we can create a new experience today. We must consciously commit to create a new experience, to realize we have to stop the old pattern. There is no technique to get us to stop we have to stop the old pattern and create a new one. Someone says something mean on the phone. The old pattern was to get offended, to feel rejected, to doubt ourselves. We need to consciously decide to not go to that old pattern and to create a new one. I will not allow you to ruin my day, this business must not be for you, I do not take it personal and will go onto someone else who is more excited about it.

Within every chaos in your life there is something there to help you. Think about the ekg machine for your heart. It goes up and down. A healthy life will have ups and downs. If you resist the downs you will resist the ups. We need to embrace all challenges to learn so we can experience the beauty of all the ups. Flat line is no good. All things help we just have to look deep to see what the lesson is to learn. When I lost my job at the bar I went home in tears scared for how to survive. That was the greatest day of my life looking back. It created a distrust of all employment and a passion to do a home business for myself. What if someone offends you...Play the understanding game. I will keep in mind that something is easily going on in your life to cause offence to me.

Get a clear vision where you want to go, what you want to get better. The clearer this vision the more you will attract the things necessary to help that come true. Commit to making that vision come true.


Affirmations: Saying positive statements about ourselves and our future to help create that future. What are the top 3 things you'd like to change in the next 12 months? Write a statement of them being done already. "I make 5k a month." " I am positive throughout all things." Or whatever you have in mind.

Sometimes we say positive things to ourselves but still hear some little doubt which takes away from our affirmation. Squash that little noise. We must dissassociate from that negativity. Feel the energy from the affirmation. "I will be wealthy". How will that feel? Go there, get the emotions behind it. It's not what you say but the feeling behind what you say. The feeling of the affirmation will beat the negativity and create a new association for you. That feeling is the foundation of the new idea taking hold and building in your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you're on fire!!! This is so true that as I read it revives it in me. I "feel" wealthy, free, loving, fulfilled, happy, therefore I am. :)